Across the Lakes District, Real supports young people aged 12-20 and their families to build their ability to cope with life challenges and make positive decisions.
We have bases in Rotorua and Taupō, and work in community hubs in Reporoa, Mangakino and Turangi. We work closely with schools and health centres to support young people to:
- deal with things that are causing distress
- learn ways to continue dealing with intense emotions, social stressors and other things that ‘get in the way’ of day-to-day life – or reaching their potential
- build confidence, resilience and self-esteem
- strengthen their relationships with family, whānau, peers and their communities
- avoid disruption to achieving at school, work or in other important areas of life.
Our team includes local psychologists and youth workers who actively engage with young people in environments familiar to them. We believe in the positive power of friendship as a means to support young people to realise their potential.
How to get Real
Here are some ways to connect with our Real Lakes team –
At school: be put in contact with Real through your school’s guidance counsellors.
Health clinic: a doctor or a nurse at health clinics in the region can help you access Real services.
Rotovegas and Anamata Cafe in Rotorua: talk to the team at Rotovegas youth hub who can put young people in contact with us.
Contact our team
Address: 1364 Hinemoa Street, Rotorua
Address: 111 Tuwharetoa Street, Taupō 3330