Need help now?
If you need to talk to someone when you’re not feeling well, always remember to reach out to a trusted friend, family or whanau member – sharing our problems or feelings with others does help.
Emergency? Call 111
- If you or someone you love is in an emergency situation, please call 111 right now. Don’t wait.
Not sure, but not feeling right?
- If it’s not urgent but you feel like you might need help with some health issues – including feeling down or sad – your doctor is a great person to talk to.
- Maybe give them a call and make an appointment? They’re there to help.
Youthline – 0800 376 633
- If you feel like you need to talk, Youthline is a service especially for young people.
- Call 0800 376 633 – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except Christmas Day).
- Between the hours of 7pm-11pm Youthline’s online chat service is available.
- Youthline offers access to a range of support options. Also check out the Youthline website.
Need to talk – 1737
- Free call or text 1737 anytime for support from a trained counsellor.
Lifeline Aotearoa – 0800 543 354
- Another service that offers professional and confidential support.
- Text 4357 or call 0800 543 354 – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is free of charge
- If you’d like to find out more about Lifeline, you can visit the Lifeline website
- The Lowdown is a good place to go if you or someone you know is experiencing depression.
- Visit The Lowdown website to find info on depression, advice on dealing with it and shared personal stories from everyday peple, celebs and musicians.
Alcohol drug helpline – 0800 787 984
- If you’re concerned about your own or someone else’s drinking or other drug use, the helpline can support you to make the changes that you want to make.
- Open 10am to 10pm everyday
- Call 0800 787 984 or text 8681 and they’ll text you back
- For more information visit the Alcohol drug helpline website.