Real Counties Manukau
In a welcoming environment, our team in Counties Manukau assist young people to get back on track – by supporting them to develop social connections, grow confidence and resilience, and strengthen their connections with family and whanau – so they can live their dreams and thrive in their communities.
In Counties Manukau, Real provide support to taiohi through:
Real Talk Group Programme
Real Talk is a 10-week programme for taiohi aged 12-18 years who need extra support around managing anxiety, depression and/or stress related behaviours.
It’s aimed at taiohi with mild to moderate needs who are not currently engaged in secondary care. Real Talk is designed to help:
- develop self-esteem and self-confidence
- manage and reduce anxiety and depressive symptoms using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), sensory modulation, and mindfulness tools
- maintain and develop positive relationships
- decrease feelings of isolation and loneliness and strengthen resilience.
Term 2 2023 times and dates
- 12-15-year-olds: Mondays, 4 – 6pm, 24 April – 26 June 2023
- 16 – 18-year-olds: Wednesdays, 4 – 6pm, 26 April – 28 June 2023
Term 3 2023 times and dates
- 12-15-year-olds: Mondays, 4 – 6pm, 17 July – 18 September 2023
- 16 – 18-year-olds: Wednesdays, 4 – 6pm, 19 July – 20 September 2023
Term 4 2023 times and dates
- 12-15-year-olds: Mondays, 4 – 6pm, 9 October – 18 December 2023
- 16 – 18-year-olds: Wednesdays, 4 – 6pm, 11 October – 20 December 2023
Anyone can join!
Please get in touch if you want to find out more about the Real Talk Group Programme or have any questions
Phone: 027 900 4038 or 027 326 9019
Real Counties Manukau operate a short stay respite service for young people experiencing difficult times in their lives. It is available on an as-needed basis for 14-22 year olds.
Any young person who lives in the Counties Manukau region may be able to access this service through the Counties Manukau DHB Whirinaki health service – available on 09 265 4000.
Please contact our Real team if you have any questions, are concerned about a young family member or friend, or have someone close to you staying with us who you’d like to contact.
What to expect when visiting Real Mana Taiohi in Counties Manukau
Contact our team
Phone – 092630565
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Address – 15 Ronwood Avenue, Manukau
Postal address – PO Box 76536, Manukau City, Manukau 2241